The Prime Minister has announced a move back to Level 2 restrictions, effective 26 April, 2020.
This is a positive move for the dental profession. The easing of restrictions is a consequence of an assessment of risk by the Australian Health Principle Protection Committee and National Cabinet.
Under level 2 restrictions, dental treatments that are permissible are:
- Check up and clean with hand instruments
- Dental Emergencies
- Simple non invasive fillings without the use of high-speed hand pieces
- Fillings using high-speed hand pieces only provided with the use of rubber dam
- Non-surgical extractions
- Denture procedures
- Orthodontic and clear alignment treatment
Patients that have received 6 monthly (or longer) check up reminders are now welcome to schedule appointments.
Patients waiting to start orthodontic braces or clear aligner treatment are now welcome to begin new treatment.
We will be continuing to take the measures to keep you safe
- we will leave space between appointments
- keep the front office bare
- escort you to wash your hands on arrival
- clean down clinic and front office after each appointment
We will continue to ask you to
- only visit the clinic if you do not have COVID-19 symptoms
Virtual Consultations now available
In keeping with offering you, your family and any new clients you recommend to us, the highest level of care and flexibility in these challenging times, we will now be available for video consultations.
Call us on 07 3263 1310 to discuss any upcoming appointments, dentistry concerns or emergency dental pain relief.
Take care and stay well,
Dr Chris Lauf and the Team